I asked for a tag, and Grumppopotamus walloped me on the back of the head. We have all seen this one a bazillion times and methinks I've probably already done it but hot damn a meme is welcome almost any time. Here are the "rules":
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- I cannot stand the feeling of fabric against freshly cut fingernails (pre-emery board) - the snaggy sensation almost makes me faint.
- Any time I go for a mani/pedicure my intention is to get something neutral or girly but when they bring over the ultra-feminine box-of-crayon rack of nail polish over for selection, I will always pick black or something close to it. It's an act of rebellion against pink and all things neutral - can't help it (and sweet juju, I'm almost 40 so any hope of maturity is long gone). Last time it was Midnight in Moscow - OPI's Russian line. Damn, I should have gotten Suzi Says DA!
- I dream about wonderful meals of days past. During first year university the father of an acquaintance, in an effort to show off for his daughters friends, treated us all to one of the finer restaurants in the city. Her dad was a total ass and showboat of a man but she was nice. But back to the meal - I had this dish that included medallions of chicken in a marinara sauce that rocked my world. Nothing has come close since. Oh and in Thailand I had this dish at almost every canteen we hit for lunch - called No Name Chicken. Red, spicy, perfect morsels of chicken rolled in sesame seeds and a sauce I could never identify. Each time my friend and I tried to get the recipe out of staff, they would laugh at us and bring us more. OMG I want some right now.
- I used to - and still do to an extent - collect hats. Most of my collection is buried in my parent's basement but some of my favourites are here with me. One of my all time precious millinery works of art is my maternal grandmother's seal pup hat. Yes - you read that right - it's made of baby seal. Now don't go all PETA on my ass. This hat is older than you and all your friends put together, and while I don't like the clubbing of seals, there is another side to that story. Maybe I'll do in another post - one where I crave some hate comments & mail.
- I have a slightly OCD thing about Bumper's toys. I count her Potato Head pieces each day and make sure all is accounted for - I arrange her puzzles just so - toys are sorted and put in proper places almost every night before bed time. Even the kid knows her mom is weird. Thankfully, I got over the crayon arranging and just gave her a box to keep them in. Those were making me hyperventilate.
- I love squirrels. Like I really love squirrels. Really love squirrels. I could watch them all day.
- sh*t, you're still reading? Damn... one more thing... umm.... I own dozens of black t-shirts and hate them all. Replacing my favourite very thread-bare one has been a two year process with no end in sight... anyone else like that? I used to be that way with my jeans but found a pair this summer that I will wear until they disintegrate. I kid you not.
So now I have some tagging to do. You know what - I never like this part - maybe that should be on my list. Hmmmm... who do I want to learn more intimate,
1. Mac & Cheese
2. Jessica from daysgoby
Two, seven, whatever.... I never said anywhere I could count.