Sunday, November 4

better late than never: Hallowe'en recap

I never told you about our Hallowe'en evening.

Just for the record, SB and I loooooove Hallowe'en and usually have a nice cozy horror fest staying-in date night but this year we had to rain cheque it. Damn. It just doesn't have the same thrill in November.

Anyhow. Pre horror fest, we were supposed to go out begging for candy with friends but this no-nap situation has really made late day activities darn near impossible.

Correction: completely impossible.

She wore part of her costume for 2.9 seconds, where I had only enough time to snap all the these photos:
All done with the distraction of a plastic yet gleamingly realistic sword.

I never said we were going to win any parenting awards (well that is, ones for parenting positive attributes).

Without going in to whine and detail (which would require me to have whine wine) - Hallowe'en evening was a bust - a tiring, but normal night in.

She was asleep right after dinner. I soon followed.

It's rough being two.

19 comments:

b*babbler said...

It may be tough being two, but it's so darn cute.

Shiver me timbers!

Jess said...

She's beautiful. Even at the end of a no-nap day.

Gabriella said...

She's a cutie! Next year MB next year it'll be better is all I keep saying.

Tania said...

Love the sword in mouth pic.

karengreeners said...

sounds a lot like our halloween. still, the cute makes up for a lot. and she's pretty cute.

moplans said...

that's a wicked sword
but you know anything to do with pirate costumes this year is just salt in my wounds.
of course this is what my bestfriend's kid went as.
she's such a beotch.

SciFi Dad said...

But more importantly, how many times did you get whacked in the head with that sword?

Heather said...

Awww...cute!

When the kids are that young, Halloween just isn't all the hype. But once they get just a bit older...wow! It's fun! She'll get there!

metro mama said...

I LOVE her costume.

Lisa said...

What a cutie - pouty, tired face and all!

ms blue said...

Arrrrrr... She's so tough that she eats swords! I want to squeeze her but I'm afraid she'll make me walk the plank.

Hope that you still get your gore fest.

Chris said...

She makes a damn cute pirate!

Anonymous said...

Fearsome.

Okay, not so much. But definetly cute.

Pinch-cheek cute.

mamatulip said...

Naps or no naps, that's a seriously cute kid you've got there.

I know. Would be cuter with a nap under her belt.

Mimi said...

Yargh. She's the no-nap pirate! yeah, we turned all the lights off at my place and pretended not to be home. Grinchy, but what can you do?

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

It is tough being two. Chicky reminds me of that daily.

Oh, and Aaaarrgghhh.

Kyla said...

We have the cutest little scurvy dogs out there!

And it IS hard being Two. And it is hard being the Mommy of Two, as well.

Anonymous said...

Tres Bershon, Bumper.

I love the skulls. I'm hoping that the upcoming baby boy will allow me to dress him in skulls.

Cakabaker said...

But she sure is a cute little pirate!