Wednesday, December 6

Burn the toys... I said BURN THEM!

We went out for a quick trip to the grocery store this afternoon after I took my shower. On the way home I had to use the ladies room and I was jumping from foot to foot* like a little kid as I was struggling with the door keys.

I ran to the washroom as soon as I had Bumper's stroller parked and flipped up the lid. I stopped in mid-turn around and ceased undoing my jeans in mid-zip because something bright caught my eye.

This is what I saw:


Obviously this is what she was doing while I was in the shower earlier in the afternoon. I know that when she's quiet during my shower time it usually means she is doing something diabolical. Today I kept peeking around the curtain and saw nothing, nada, being perpetrated. I'll assume because the lid was down during shower time that she must have been sliding the foam numbers and letters through the back "slot" between the hinges.

Damn our friend who taught her how to use this piggy-bank.

Do foam numbers and letters burn easily?

* why do I think this will help? I look foolish and everyone knows I have to pee.

18 comments:

bunmaster said...

It's like alphabet soup in your porcelain throne. Mmmm mmmm good!

Unknown said...

What is there to say but "Omigosh! That is so funny!"

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Hehe. It's really funny actually!

Nichole said...

hahaha! I think maybe we'll hold off on getting E that piggy bank. She's obsessed with the toilet and all its contents already!

moplans said...

that is damn funny
sneaky bumper
I would suggest down the garbage chute rather than burning to avoid making the toxic waste airborne. yeeek

metro mama said...

Hee hee! What a monkey.

karengreeners said...

god, your toilet's clean.

mamatulip said...

I thought the same thing as Penelopeto. "Dang, what a clean toilet."

The letters add pizazz. ;)

Girlplustwo said...

Same as Penelopeto - clean, clean, clean.

I hate those moments when I am busy and she is way too quiet. it's always something like this.

Jenifer said...

Oh boy...my daughter just got a set of pictured foam letters.....hopefully she doesn't figure out this new "storage spot".

ms blue said...

Being insane, my first thought was if you had to pee so bad, how could you stop and take a photo first? Then I realized what I was looking at. You had to pee THAT bad.

Toss out the ABC's but maybe you could frame the letter P and hang it in Bumper's room? It would serve as a lesson.

Chris said...

At least she didn't try to flush them.

Sandra said...

Oh so funny. She's a keeper :)

Nichole said...

I tagged you to do a meme. I know you just finished one, but I didn't know who else to tag! LOL

Kyla said...

*lol* Too funny! Its NEVER good when they are quiet. When my oldest was little, his "quiet time" usually involved the potty in some form or fashion. :)

I'm new here by the way.

Debbie said...

this is precisely why I have taken exactly one shower during the entire length of my son's wakeful hours as a mobile creature sans any other adult present to see to it that he doesn't insert weird crap (heh) into the toilet.

argh.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Man, that must have hurt pooping those letters out.

My butt hurts just thinking about it.

ewe are here said...

ha ha ha ha

I never know what I'm going to find when I step out of the shower during the week. MF runs around our ensuite bathroom and bedroom 'doing mysterious things' when I'm in there. Once he relocated every single roll of toilet paper to the tub; once he pulled out all the fluffy floor mats; once I got out just in time to stop him from dunking 'kitty' in the toilet; and once I found him sitting in a puddle of blue handsoap on a fluffy floor mat. Always an adventure! sigh