Friday, October 26

This week in motherbumperland

What have a I learned this week?

That I'm not alone reaction to this water bug and I have single-handedly frightened a whole bunch of bloggers in Ontario.

That an elbow to the kidneys or whatever body part is closest is the best way to deal with commuter rage. Damn! - so many of you are just brimming with sunshine and lollipops when it comes to annoying a*sh#les fellow mass transit travellers.

And that like me, you would like to see Elizabeth, & Meredith and the rest of The View as smashed pumpkins. And Elizabeth wasn't even immortalized in gourd - yet she was still a favourite.

This week makes me love you all that much more (well almost all of you, I'm sure there has to be one as*h*le in the bunch because stats just work that way... anyhoo...). So even though my lawyer advises against it, I might just have to come and personally hug each and everyone of you. Okay, I won't. But only because the judge agrees with my lawyer.

Oh and did I mention I was a total pain in the a*s for my parents when I was a kid? I was a completely out-of-control picky eater. If it wasn't deep fried or heaped with sugar, it probably wasn't going to pass my lips without an argument. Well because karma is very patient, I have been blessed with a toddler who won't eat vegetables except when the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars or something like that.

Why mention this? Well I'm not a completely bad parent, so I'm always on the lookout for ways to get more nutritious food past those oft-locked toddler lips. Enter Delicious Deceptive and my chance to review it for The Parent Bloggers Network. Check it out - read what I've got to say and find out how you can win a $250 gift card to Williams Sonoma.

AND (oh yes, AND) check out Mission 3 that The League of Maternal Justice has taken on - they are total Toxin Avengers - oh yes, those ladies are rocking it again.


For your entertainment purposes, here is a little picture created by my hand, directed by Bumper's artistic flare. I present CROWS! created using one of the nifty kids programs on the Toronto Public Library sytem:

crows! (medium: computer) - Bumper, 2007


I don't know if that qualifies but I'll enter it anyway - Her Bad Mother has a contest going on where you can win prizes for showing off your kids art creations - contest ends today.

What do you think? Monkey with mace. Wizard in trucker hat. Do you think the crow pecking out the eyes too much?

11 comments:

Kyla said...

My favorite is the dead crow in the courtyard. Excellent placement. Perhaps the monkey is saying, "How do you like me now, b*tch?" As he gloats over the crow carcass. Or maybe I've just had too much cold medication and this is the reason I shouldn't be leaving comments anywhere. The world may never know.;)

karengreeners said...

LOOOVE it!

ms blue said...

What is this the Motherbumpin hugging booth?

Crows irrate the heck out of me. Git Em monkey!

Her Bad Mother said...

I want that monkey on a t-shirt.

Monkeybumper!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure my kids didn't make this? Cuz my wackos have a thing for dead birds in artwork.

Sigh. Amazing they passed the psych test.

kittenpie said...

Awesome! And yay you for the TPL plug, while you're at it.

OhTheJoys said...

This is the cheese sauce that goes on the asparagus, on the asparagus...

ASPARAGUS!!!

(Sung to the age of aquarius)

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Dude, do your birds have the flu? You've got a couple of dead ones there.

Anonymous said...

The old dude looks like Grampa Simpson.

SciFi Dad said...

That book is evil... EVIL... E-V-I-L!!!

Run SB! Run as fast as your legs will carry you!

Oh, and a toddler who "draws" pictures of crows gouging out the eyes skulls? Uh... mmkay.

crazymumma said...

twisted. (the crows) I love it obviously.

Personally I see tshirt material in that one. Or CD cover.