Wednesday, September 12

journey home


We are back.

It was a smooth trip home.

Minus the turbulence that happened again and again and again. And that tantrums that happened again and again and again.

Bumper was that child at the airport and that child on the plane but I don't care because she is an amazing girl. I've had tantrums like that. And I was 30 at the time, so I can totally understand.

Mind you I haven't thrown myself on the floor in front of the gate counter and demanded to get on the plane NOW! Or tried to run past the gate security on to a not-ready-for-boarding plane. Or demand cookies NOW! from the very understanding security guard who thankfully found it funny. As did the entire waiting lounge and nice airline staff. That actually made it survivable.

So yesterday, we were exhausted and to bed early after a whirlwind day of travelling.

Note to self: no more midday flights - too disruptive and makes child angry. Never do solo again.


Now I need down time for a day. Must catch up on SB time. Must go visiting. Scared to open bloglines. Must catch up with BB8. Must write a proper post. Don't even want to open email.

But you know I will hit the mail first, right after I tell you:

New review up for motherbumper's laboratory for Ryka athletic shoes and see a great contest where you can win a pair yourself (Ryka is giving away 50 a day until October).

Still DJ over at Cynical Dad's. Go and spill what your song would be if you revealed your inner exhibitionist.

So yes, we are back.

Where did Nana and Granddad go?

12 comments:

metro mama said...

Welcome home!

Kyla said...

Love the photos. No one can resist the cuteness that is Bumper.

NotSoSage said...

Oh, if they weren't so funny and cute, we'd have to sell them...

Anonymous said...

Cheers to you for making the trip. I'm dreading the next time we have to travel as a family.

Anonymous said...

Great photos :)

ms blue said...

Flying solo with a child is hard. You ought to try that with two sometime!

You make an awesome DJ!

Heather said...

Gorgeous photos. You are very brave to fly with a toddler.

Mine are 3 and 5 and I still break out in hives just at the thought of flying with them.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Glad you're back! sorry about the tantrums. Someone should put something about those on the condom labels.

crazymumma said...

Thank god for biological imperitive.

b*babbler said...

Flights with a toddler. I shudder at the thought.

Brave brave you!

Anonymous said...

I've totally demanded cookies NOW from those in authority. What's the worst that's going to happen? You're not going to get any cookies? Well that's where you were when you started.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to demand cookies from the mailman.

kittenpie said...

Yay! Welcome back! I'd give cookies to that kid. That's why she's so damn cute.