Friday, June 2

TGIF

Check out the Canadian geese and their babies that Bumper and I encountered on our walk today:



I'm a total sucker for baby animals. These little guys (and gals) are more like toddlers but cute nonetheless. Everytime I took another look, there were more. It was amazing. BTW does anyone know how to clean geese poop off of stroller wheels? It's like dog crap but GREEN.

ANYHOOOOOO....

After being house bound for a few days due to the heatwave (does anyone else start singing Heatwave by Martha and the Vendellas whenever they say that word?) Bumper and I ventured out to IKEA. Not for any other reason then I'm COMPLETELY ADDICTED TO IKEA and I deny myself all the time. Wow. That felt great to admit. First step is admitting it, right?

So I must mention that I don't have a car. I'm 100% public transit baby. I like Toronto because it's easy to get around (not cheap at 2.75 a ride but that's a whole other post) but I'm willing to pay because I'd rather ride the TTC then sit in a car. Except when it comes to IKEA. If anyone says to me "Hey I have a car, wanna go somewhere?", I'm bound to say "Take me to IKEA!" and then I get the eye rolls. But I'll admit it. I love IKEA. Their freaky little meatballs, stupid instructions and strange phonetic names. I love it all.

I got my fill today. Didn't spend more then 40 bucks and Bumper had a great time in a big orange egg like chair:



Currently BDaddy is putting together a bead toy I got for the little lady and I can hear him swearing and cursing IKEA under his breath. Ah - good times, good times.

Rest of the day was uneventful and Bumper looked bored on the subway. Sigh. She is growing up so fast.

7 comments:

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

To get the goose poop off of the stroller, find a hungry neighborhood dog to lick it off. I know, gross. But my dogs think its a tasty treat. Eeewww.

I have never been to an Ikea. We recently had one open up in our state but its a bit of a drive. After reading this I think I might have to make a special trip.

Love the Motorhead t-shirt! That is what it says, right?

motherbumper said...

Part of my addiction bore from my deprivation during my teens & 20's. We had an Ikea store in our city until I was 11 and then they closed up. When I moved here I was able to feed my addiction to funky, inexpensive stuff. It's just fun.

Yup - that's Motorhead. Strangely enough, from another Swedish invention: H&M. Hmmm... a swedish conspircy?

Canadian Mommy said...

AH! Ikea! I love thee Ikea! I recently moved from Edmtonton to southern alberta, where there is no Ikea. I am sad. We go for a visit next weekend, and you can bet I'll be making a day of it there. I LOVE those meatballs.
In fact, hubby and my first date was at Ikea. True love!

motherbumper said...

First date at IKEA?!? I love it! Did you play in the ballroom? (that sounds dirty, hee hee) Eat meatballs and pickled herring by candlelight? Find the allen key to his heart? HA! I crack myself up! That is true love (sigh).

Bea said...

Oh, I'm jealous of all you T.O. mamas with ready access to Ikea! I'm a good 90 min. away from the nearest one. I used to go a lot, but that's a long car trip with a baby and a toddler. Sigh.

ms blue said...

I love Ikea but my new shopping addiction is to Costco. I don't need so much of everything but it is a fantastic deal! Especially on books. They are all almost half price!

I love your blog!

Her Bad Mother said...

I tried to find that Motorhead tee at H&M, but they were all gone by the time I got there. Lagging, lagging...

And? I fully share your Ikea addiction. Exhibit A: http://badladies.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-little-swedish-meatball.html