Sunday, July 11

Frankie the Rock Lobster

We went to the Museum of Natural History this weekend where we saw the remains of one of the largest lobsters found off the shore of Nova Scotia. His (her?) name was Francis and he obviously had a stay of execusion from a fate of boiling water and melted butter since his (her?) shell never turned rosey red. I'm not sure how they knew the lobster's name was Francis considering every lobster I met was just called 'dinner' or the more reverend 'church supper'. Perhaps it was tattooed on one of those massive biceps? How about I just refer to it as Frankie from now on? Yes. Frankie it is.






Anyway. My daughter frankly didn't give a sh*t about Frankie and was not impressed that I used her for scale.

Gee, I wonder how much Frankie would cost at the current market value for yummy crustaceans? I also wonder how much my head would cost if it was made of veal? I have The Kids in the Hall to thank for that one. Heck I've been wondering about that veal question for over 20 years. Sometimes I wonder if these are the thoughts I shouldn't share with the world? Oh well, too late.

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That is one huge lobster.

Jess said...

I'm CRUSHING YOUR HEAD!!!!!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

That lobster is mammoth. I find it fascinating that someone found this and thought it worthy of a museum. I'm not saying it's not worthy of a museum, but I would find it and say "Holy Shit!". Maybe take a picture and move on with my life. I don't think it would ever occur to me to drag a dead lobster into a museum on the off chance that someone would want to mount it to a board.

Unless it grew up in the museum and then died. In which case it seems a little weird to mount the body of a creature that was supposedly cared for to a board.

And I realize, I've written far too much for a simple comment and I should probably just move on from this lobster.

Kyla said...

Giant lobster. Definitely wouldn't want that to pinch my tush. ;)