Sunday, April 30

weekend wrap-up



These are "our" morning doves. They are quite the couple, always together and they coo at 5am every morning (or at least in the mornings when I am in the nursing chair). I took this on one of Bumper's walks this weekend. We also see this beautiful cardinal once and a while but I have yet to capture it on film. It's so red that I always think it looks like a cartoon.

Well hell must of frozen over a little this weekend because Bumper fell asleep during her naptime without the aid of "boobie" (aka: me) and she napped for two hours without interruption and allowed the Bump parents to have an afternoon to ourselves. And we enjoyed it... but I won't gross you out with the details. That type of napping hasn't happened since she was younger then six weeks old and I never thought it was going to return.

I am one happy lady.

Bumper had received a FUBU outfit when she was born. I called it her JLo running suit but I guess she would wear JLo brand and not FUBU but I'm not exactly hip on what the kids are wearing these days. Though I do have a secret US weekly and People addiction but only because someone keeps leaving copies in the laundry room. I swear! Anyways, here is a sweet shot of my little lady getting ready to hit the streets in her new threads.*


let's get this show on the road, Momma


Wow, I just went to the kitchen to get a drink and Bump Daddy once again successfully got Bumper to nap without the aid of me. This is turning out to be one of the best weekends ever. Sweet!

* once again I'm at a loss as to what to call her hip clothing. I'm just a kid of the 80's. But whatever the right word is, I think she looks cool. But then, I'm her mom.

2 comments:

Her Bad Mother said...

She's cool. My opinion is objective.

But I'm thinking that one of these days we're going to have to do a dual post because for every pic of Bumper that you post, I've got a matching one of WonderBaby. If I didn't have the stitched-up nether regions to prove WB's provenance, I'd say that they were separated at birth.

bunmaster said...

Hey we have the same outfit! We say yo yo yo a lot when she wears it.